Getting a general contractor’s license in Philadelphia is required to perform any work for which the contractor will receive $500 or more. The license fee is $100 and is only valid for one year. General contractors must re-apply every year. Even though jackie robinson had cracked the racial barrier by signing with the https://pro-essay-writer.com brooklyn dodgers in 1947, the nation’s conscience still paid little attention to the suffering of blacks, thus prolonging their pain… Beginning December 1, 2015, all applications for a general contractor’s license must include proof that a supervisor of the applicant has successfully completed OSHA-30 Safety Training within the past five years. It’s also important to note that all workers on a construction or demolition site must have successfully completed an OSHA-10 Safety Training course.
Steps to Apply for a General Contractor’s License in Philadelphia
- Navigate to the.
- Download, print, and complete the application carefully.
- Gather proof of the following:
- Employer’s liability insurance coverage for $100,000 per accident
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- General liability insurance coverage for $500,000 per occurrence
- Motor vehicle liability insurance coverage for $300,000
- A Philadelphia business tax number
- A city commercial activity license
There is a non-refundable application fee of $20, which is applied toward the cost of the license, if approved. All application material can be sent or taken personally to
Department of Licenses and Inspection
Customer Care Unit – PSC
1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19102.