Arkansas Lost Title or Donated Bond

Instantly obtain a lost title bond

What is a State of Arkansas lost title bond or donated bond?

The State of Arkansas’ lost title or donated bond protects against any defect in title due to incorrect or incomplete evidence of ownership.

Who needs this bond?

A vehicle owner who has received incorrect or incomplete evidence of ownership or has lost the evidence of ownership of a vehicle has the option of using the bonded title procedure to transfer ownership.

What is the amount of the bond?

The State of Arkansas requires a surety bond in the amount of one and one half times the value of the vehicle as determined by the Commissioner of Revenues. The surety bond has to be on forms approved by the Commissioner of Revenues, issued by an insurer, irrevocable for three years, signed by the bonded title applicant, payable to the State of Arkansas upon presentation of a judgment issued by a court of competent jurisdiction as a result of an issuance of a bonded title, signed by an insurer or its licensed agent or broker with power of attorney to act on behalf of the insurer and countersigned as otherwise required by law, and delivered to the Commissioner accompanied by: an application for registration and issuance of a certificate of title to the vehicle signed by the vehicle owner, a letter from the Commissioner granting authorization to apply for a bonded title, the original power of attorney of the person executing on behalf of the insurer if applicable, any additional documentation otherwise necessary to comply with specific statutory requirements for registration and issuance of a vehicle’s certificate of title, and the payment of all requisite fees and taxes for the registration and issuance of a certificate of title to a vehicle.

For more information on Arkansas’ lost title or donated bond requirements, visit the State of Arkansas’ website.

What is the process to obtain the bond?

Colonial offers the direct and digital way to obtain a lost title/donated bond. We are the insurance company — which means no agent, no broker, and no middleman. The steps are easy — get a quote online, fill out your information, and enter your payment method. Your bond will be ready for e-file or print instantly. It’s that simple!

What does the bond cost?

A lost title/donated bond is reasonably priced and easy to obtain. You may notice that with other insurance agents and middlemen, your premium rate will fluctuate and include additional hidden fees and costs. Colonial offers our lowest possible rate. Premium is based on the amount of the bond required by the State of Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration.

Does it matter where I get the bond?

It is important to understand how surety bonds work, and who is the insurance company issuing your bonds. It is easy to obtain a lost title/donated bond when you deal directly with a quality insurance company licensed to write surety bonds. Colonial is an A (Excellent) rated insurance company by A.M. Best that has been incorporated since 1930. We are Treasury listed, and licensed and admitted in all U.S. states and territories.