State of Washington Lost Title or Donated Bond

Instantly obtain a lost title bond

What is a State of Washington lost title bond or donated bond?

The State of Washington’s lost title or donated bond protects against any defect in title due to incorrect or incomplete evidence of ownership.

Who needs this bond?

A vehicle owner who has received incorrect or incomplete evidence of ownership or has lost the evidence of ownership of a vehicle has the option of using the bonded title procedure to transfer ownership.

What is the amount of the bond?

The amount of the surety bond required must be equivalent to 1.5 times the final market value of the vehicle as determined by the State of Washington Department of Licensing. For more information see Washington’s vehicle ownership bond form.

What is the process to obtain the bond?

Colonial offers the direct and digital way to obtain a lost title/donated bond. We are the insurance company — which means no agent, no broker, and no middleman. The steps are easy — get a quote online, fill out your information, and enter your payment method. Your bond will be ready for print instantly. It’s that simple!

What does the bond cost?

A lost title/donated bond is reasonably priced and easy to obtain. You may notice that with other insurance agents and middlemen companies, your premium rate will fluctuate and include additional hidden fees and costs.  Colonial offers our lowest possible rate. Premium is based on the amount of the bond required by the State of Washington Department of Licensing.

Does it matter where I get the bond?

It is important to understand how surety bonds work, and who is the insurance company issuing your bonds. It is easy to obtain a lost title/donated bond when you deal directly with a quality insurance company licensed to write surety bonds. Colonial is an A (Excellent) rated insurance company by A.M. Best, that has been incorporated since 1930. We are Treasury listed, and licensed and admitted in all U.S. states and territories.