Court Bonds

Can my California Civil Case be Appealed?


After a trial court issues a final judgment at the end of the case, you have the option in California to appeal that final judgment. All final judgments in California are able to be appealed, whether decided by a judge or jury.

Most orders made by a trial court after the final judgment can also be appealed. However, most orders made by a trial court before the final judgment cannot be appealed on their own, but they can be reviewed as part of the appeal of the final judgment. In family law and probate cases, however, many orders made before a final judgment can be appealed right away. Click here to see more types of orders that can be appealed before final judgment.

Where can you easily purchase an appeal or supersedeas bond?

Colonial Surety offers the direct and digital way to obtain an appeal or supersedeas bond. We are the insurance company — which means no agent, no broker, and no middleman. We make it easy to obtain your bond instantly. The steps are easy — get a quote online, fill out your information, satisfy underwriting requirements, and enter your payment method. Print or e-file your bond from your office. It’s that simple!