Colonial Surety Company is an insurance company licensed for business in every state, listed by the U.S. Treasury as an approved surety, and rated “A Excellent” by A.M. Best Company. Our distinct, digital product platform has recently expanded to include important liability coverages for small and mid-size businesses.
Founded in 1930, we use our experience—plus technology—to give busy people and businesses easy, affordable and digital access to a growing portfolio of bond and insurance products. We have an ambitious vision for impact and growth—and invite motivated achievers to come, learn, work, create, grow—and succeed—with Colonial.
Use your tech savvy to help everyone across the company work as productively as possible as we achieve ambitious goals. Our IT Support Specialist is a skilled techie—and enjoys working with team members to solve problems. This is a wonderful opportunity to apply technical knowledge, troubleshoot and resolve issues expediently, while also proactively implementing improvements that elevate productivity and create smooth and efficient workdays for all.
Job Functions, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities
- Provide collegial, front-line support to in-house staff.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through in-person, email and phone calls, addressing the issues through to resolution.
- Get new employees set up for work—providing instruction and guidance on IT tools and processes as needed.
- Assist IT leadership on emerging projects and collaborate across the organization to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Write and update technical documentation as needed.
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Track issues, research best practice and make recommendations on projects to improve systems and operations.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 3+ years of progressive, related work experience and the motivation to continuously learn and collaborate.
- Excellent people skills—in person and on the phone.
- Ability to smoothly adapt and adjust to changing work situations, processes and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of VoIP phone, computer systems, and other tech products—and capacity to support staff utilization.
- Knowledgeable and up-to-date on Windows Operating Systems and Office Suites.
- A good understanding of basic information security principles and best practices.
- Organized, reliable, with a self-starter mindset, and pragmatic execution skills.
- An energetic, optimistic, and collegial team player.
Compensation and Benefits
Colonial Surety offers:
- A competitive starting salary based on experience, with achievement based opportunities for annual bonuses and increases.
- Opportunities for professional advancement. We value big thinking tied to practical, collaborative execution in a structured and growth oriented company.
- Ongoing mentoring from senior staff and periodic opportunities to attend industry seminars and workshops.
- Starting on the first day of hire, all Colonial employees can participate in our excellent Major Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans.
- Paid holiday and vacation time, which starts in the first year of employment and increases with tenure.
- A modern, professional, suburban office space, concentrated workday (8:30-5:30) and business-attire environment.
- We enjoy a professional, collegial and positive work atmosphere, sharing camaraderie and rooting for individual and collective success.
- Entry Level
- Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey