Colonial is an established direct writer of surety, fidelity, and specialty insurance products. We are seeking a Jr. Underwriter to assist in managing our contract surety submissions, review financials, update annual renewal lines and assist with our soon-to-be-launched additional insurance products.
– assist in managing a specific product line and directly interfacing with the public and our industry partners.
– be trained to make exception decisions to write business that deviates from our underwriting algorithm.
– report to our corporate office M-F, 8:30am – 5:30pm
– gain experience working with underwriters and in time work independently to set contract surety lines and limits.
– work with multiple different departments and gain experience in customer service, sales, and marketing
- BA/BS in business or related field (Finance preferred) with proven academic success
- 2 plus years of contract surety underwriting experience is a must.
- Contract surety experience with a company vs. an agency
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written, verbal, and follow up skills
- Proficient in MS Office, typing, overall ability to learn and work with customized systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong objective judgment
- Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey