Colonial Surety Company is searching for a Software Development Engineer to join our dynamic, high-motivating IT team. This is an excellent opportunity for a trained engineer looking to be a part of a fast-growing company. The compensation includes a base salary and uncapped earning potential.
- Collaborate with project team to identify needs and gather requirements
- Support the team in the design of software launches.
- Monitor system performance.
- Advocate and apply best practices, like pair programming, behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Advocate automaton of every part of the software delivery life-cycle.
- Implement and continually augment an automated testing framework at all levels of application.
- Perform manual testing as required.
- Extensive experience working with end-to-end testing processes and frameworks.
- Preparation of defect reports and defect metrics.
- Defect Analysis and management experience.
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on rails, C++ and other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience working on business-critical applications and large-scale customer facing websites.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
5-7 years of software engineering or software development experience.
Experience in the insurance industry desired but not required.
- Entry Level
- Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey