Business Owner’s Policy (BOP)
BOP, short for Business Owner’s Policy, offers comprehensive protection against various risks commonly associated with running a business. It covers damages to property and equipment, injuries sustained by customers, and provides defense in the event of a related lawsuit.
By opting for BOP, you can prevent routine incidents from escalating into costly and potentially business-ending disasters. For instance, if a customer slips and falls, BOP coverage includes medical expenses and legal defense. In the unfortunate event of a fire, theft, or other covered disaster, BOP provides coverage for damages to computers, furniture, and other business property.
With Colonial’s affordable BOP, your business gains coverage in the following scenarios:
- Injury to a third party (excluding injuries resulting from your services) and associated medical bills.
- Liability for damage to someone else’s property.
- Liability for the loss of a client’s electronic data in certain professions due to equipment damage.
- Coverage for actions carried out by temporary workers.
- Protection for damage to business equipment, including computers, office furniture, and other office property.
Value Added: Cyber Insurance
As a valued customer making your first insurance purchase with Colonial, we are delighted to offer an additional benefit. We are now in a digital era which is why when you choose when you choose BOP, we include $50,000 of Basic Cyber Liability Insurance with your policy. This coverage provides you with access to expert breach response services in the event of a cyber breach. It ensures prompt mitigation of damages and facilitates the implementation of necessary investigation and notification procedures. Furthermore, this coverage extends protection against potential lawsuits and regulatory actions that may arise from a cyber breach.