Florida Blasting Permit Bond

obtain a blaster permit bond

What is a State of Florida Blasting Permit Bond?

The State of Florida’s blaster permit bond, or construction materials mining bond, requires bonding to ensure compliance with existing state regulations and laws regarding what the applicant is able to legally do under the permit and to guarantee recovery in case of damage sustained due to actions of the applicant under this license.

Who needs this bond?

A Blaster Permit is required for use of explosives, construction mines, and other similarly used materials in Florida. Those wishing to use those materials in Florida must obtain a construction materials mining bond.

What is the amount of the bond?

Florida requires a minimum of a $100,000 surety bond.

For more information on Florida’s blasting permit requirements, visit the State of Florida’s website.

What is the process to obtain the bond?

Colonial offers the direct and digital way to obtain a blaster permit bond. We are the insurance company — which means no agent, no broker, and no middleman. The steps are easy — get a quote online, fill out your information, and enter your payment method. Your bond will be ready for print instantly. It’s that simple!

What does the bond cost?

A construction materials mining bond is reasonably priced and easy to obtain. You may notice that with other insurance agents and middlemen, your premium rate will fluctuate and include additional hidden fees and costs. Colonial offers our lowest possible rate. Premium is based on the amount of the bond required by the State of Florida Division of State Fire Marshal.

Does it matter where I get the bond?

It is important to understand how surety bonds work, and who is the insurance company issuing your bonds. It is easy to obtain a blaster permit bond when you deal directly with a quality insurance company licensed to write surety bonds. Colonial is an A (Excellent) rated insurance company by A.M. Best that has been incorporated since 1930. We are Treasury listed, and licensed, and admitted in all U.S. states and territories.