The Governor of Connecticut, Ned LaMont, has outlined novel guidelines for workers employed at establishments deemed “essential” and fully operational by the state. These rules are intended to keep all workers safe and reduce their risk of catching or spreading the COVID-19 virus or coronavirus.
The general guidelines set in place by the Governor instruct:
- “Essential” workers who have the means to work remotely must do so.
- Terminate all non-essential workplace travel.
- Control access to external visitors, including banning entry into workplace facilities for non-essential visitors, interviewing approved visitors about their recent travel history and present health condition.
- Use hand sanitizer at point-of-entry to the facility.
There are instructions specifically for those working at construction sites in Connecticut. They are as follows:
- Clean portable restrooms no less than every two days.
- Reschedule work to maximize the quantity of work being performed outdoors, limit indoor or work lacking significant fresh air.
- Request employees to travel separately to, from, and within worksites.
- Rotate coffee break and lunch shifts. This forces workers to follow the CDC social distancing guidelines during breaks or meals.
- Shift work to limit the size of the crews on the jobsite, particularly indoors.
- Follow all health and safety protocol when using an elevator.
- Provide an adequate supply of PPE, including but not limited to, cloth face masks, hand sanitizer, gloves, soap and water.
We have your bonding solution. If you are a public contractor, it is critical you obtain a performance and payment bond. Colonial Surety Company provides a direct, digital way to secure a surety line of credit. You can apply online today and we will review your submission. Once approved, you gain access to The Partnership Account® for Contractors. The benefits of joining include power of attorney and corporate seal to issue your own bids bonds, direct access to the underwriter, lines in writing with exceptions if needed, complete security, and control over your business. Apply now.