Airports throughout the nation are adding another layer of security to prevent further spread of the COVID-19 virus. By mid-June, the Transportation Security Administration or TSA is launching novel screening procedures that will reduce physical contact between travelers and agents. The revised procedures include the following:
- Boarding passes will no longer be handled by TSA officials. Passengers must hold their own electronic boarding passes or paper passes to the code reader or hold it for inspection.
- Food items must be placed in clear plastic bags prior to being placed in bins for inspection.
- Passengers must be extra vigilant when it comes to prohibited items. This includes not bringing liquids in quantities over 3.4 ounces.
- Up to 12 ounces of hand sanitizer is allowed through airport security. However, TSA requests passengers remove the item from carry-on bags prior to screening.
- Passengers must practice social distancing by standing on markings throughout the TSA checkpoints.
- TSA officers must wear face masks and gloves while passengers are encouraged to do the same.
- Travelers must put loose items in carry-on bags rather than bins to reduce touch-points during the screening process.
- Travelers should reach MGM within 1.5 hours of flights for proper screening.
Colonial Surety offers a quick and easy way to secure your Airport Security Bond. We offer a simple digital solution to help you receive your bond instantly. Visit our website to receive your quote online, enter in your information and payment method, and print out your bond from your office or home. Contact us today to get your bond.