From Sacramento comes the news that the California Transportation Commission (CTC) has committed $700 million for improvements to transportation infrastructure across the state. Contractors are gearing up their bids as states and localities across the country dig into long lists of projects in need of attention.
Like other states across the country, California is thinking ambitiously about the future and lining up financial commitments to get the work going. After years on the planning table, even the high speed train line connecting Los Angeles to Las Vegas might see daylight—and soon. Builders say the $8-billion-dollar construction could even start in 2023. Further north, ordinary commuters should soon be reaping the results of the $347 million agreement with Balfour Beatty for the upgrade and electrification of Caltrain’s commuter rail service through San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara. Of course aging roads, sidewalks and curbs throughout the state need attention to, and California lawmakers have high expectations for the recent $700-million-dollar commitment. As Sierra News Online reports: “This critical investment will help Caltrans continue repairing, maintaining and upgrading our state’s aging transportation infrastructure for improved safety and sustainability,” said Caltrans Acting Director Steven Keck. “It reflects both the CTC’s and Caltrans’ commitment to providing travelers and communities — as well as California’s dynamic and growing economy — with a world-class, multimodal transportation system.”
Big or small, there’s bound to be some critical builds taking off in your area. Position your business for lift off on civic builds by securing a surety line of credit—in writing. That’s what The Partnership Account for Contractors® from Colonial Surety provides. As a direct underwriter of bonds based on the strength of financial statements, we give builders power of attorney to issue their own bid bonds. Plus, our complimentary services give builders direct access to performance and payment bonds on a customized dashboard, real time tracking of bids and work on hand, and, immediate access to Colonial’s lead underwriter as new opportunities emerge.
Speed and service? It’s true. Complete the brief pre-qualification for your written surety-line of credit and The Partnership Account® services today—and receive, for free, Dun & Bradstreet scores. Pre-Qualify and Get Free Scores Here.
Real Life Improvements
The projects builders are undertaking across the country are life-changing to the small businesses, commuters and families who have long hoped for better. For example, a host of improvements now on the docket for District 10 in California (the Modesto area), highlight how real life can improve in real time when infrastructure funds and action trickle down to the local level. Here’s a sample of the projects local residents are looking forward to:
- The Greater Downtown Bike and Ped Connectivity Project received $75,000 to support a project that… will construct 5.4 miles of bicycle facilities, new and reconstructed curb ramps, speed cushions, rectangular rapid flashing beacons (RRFB), and more than 70 crosswalk installations and enhancements.
- The Waterford Safe Routes to School Project received $15,000 to support a project that will install curbs, gutters, sidewalks, lighting, and conventional style crosswalks…This project will help ensure safe active transportation, especially for children walking and bicycling to and from school.
- A project in Amador County received $2.4 million…that will rehabilitate pavement, upgrade guardrails, replace signs, rehabilitate culverts, and construct rumble strips on State Route 88 near Kirkwood from west of Foster Meadow to 1.1 miles east of Shot Rock Vista Point.
Across the country, contractors are gearing up for the increasing flow of public contracts in communities big and small by leveraging The Partnership Account® from Colonial Surety. In addition to a surety line of credit—in writing, The Partnership Account® gives qualified construction companies:
- Control of bidding and bonding, online and in real time.
- Powers of attorney to seal and issue their own bid bonds—in minutes.
- Fast, direct, confidential bid bonds—no middleman.
- Direct access to performance and payment bonds on a customized dashboard.
- Real time tracking of bids and work on hand.
- Immediate access to Colonial’s lead underwriter as new opportunities emerge.
- A private Owner’s Dashboard to view surety lines, adjust work and analyze bids.
Learn more and pre-qualify for a Partnership Account® now!
Founded in 1930, Colonial Surety Company is a leading direct seller and writer of surety bonds and insurance products across the USA. Colonial is rated “A Excellent” by A.M. Best Company and U.S. Treasury listed.