Apple’s building a campus on the East Coast—and spreading out in other places too. Juicy building projects—and jobs are in the near future. Interesting! As you ponder Apple’s growth plan, consider your own. Surety line, anyone?
$430 Billion Growth Plan
Apple has announced a five year plan of growth. It involves spending over $430 billion, adding 20,000 jobs, and creating an East Coast campus—in North Carolina. We can bet that Apple used a lot of analytics to inform their growth plan. How about you—could you use some more financial intel? Let Colonial help: contractors who complete a brief (we promise!) pre-qualification for Colonial’s surety line of credit receive, for free, your Dun & Bradstreet scores. Use them for immediate insights into your business.
Contractors who pre-qualify for Colonial’s surety line of credit will upload a few more documents. It’s very efficient! Once approved for The Partnership Account®, you’ll:
- Use your private Owner’s Dashboard® for a personal window into your underwriting profile. Review the statistical analysis of your financial statements and free Dun and Bradstreet scores, profitability, and more.
- Access a powerful online surety management system to issue bid bonds, order performance, and payment bonds, update work in progress, check your current and aggregate limits, view open and closed bid and performance bonds, and more.
- Clearly see your bonding limits, and always have direct access to our underwriter if you need the excess capacity to bid on a job.
- Protect the confidentiality of your bids—after all, no one’s in the middle when you do it yourself, right?
Hurry, opportunities are everywhere: The Partnership Account®.
What’s Apple Building?
A lot! According to Construction Dive:
The Cupertino, California-based tech giant said its U.S. investments will involve more than 9,000 suppliers and companies large and small in all 50 states, supporting job creation across dozens of sectors, including construction, silicon engineering, 5G and manufacturing.
Apple also announced that it will invest over $1 billion in North Carolina, including the construction of a new campus and engineering hub in the Research Triangle area and $110 million in infrastructure improvements in the state including roads, bridges, schools and broadband.
Given the shortage of data storage centers across the country, Apple also plans to create a new data center in Waukee, Iowa. Over 500 construction and operation jobs are anticipated there. Some other highlights of Apple’s building plans include:
- Expansion of the company’s Culver City, California, campus to accommodate more than 3,000 employees by 2026.
- Construction of the company’s $1 billion Austin, Texas, campus…with employees expected to start moving into the new space next year.
- A new $100 million investment to open a state-of-the-art facility and distribution center in Clayton, Indiana, which will be operated by XPO Logistics.
- A new energy storage project in California’s Monterey County.
We can’t all be Apple, but we’ve all got something we’ve wished to build, right? What’s on your list? Why not let Colonial Surety help? We’ve taken the pain out of obtaining, managing and monitoring the bid, performance and payment bonds that you’ll need. With The Partnership Account® , you’ll go after new projects with confidence — knowing your bidding and financial information is secure.
Colonial is built on reliability, affordability and dependability. Founded in 1930, we have proven long-term financial stability; we’re licensed in every single state in the U.S.; we are listed by the U.S. Treasury as an approved surety; and we’re rated “A” Excellent by A.M. Best – an accolade of which we are extremely proud. Let’s Partner!